Saturday, October 5, 2024 10:46:28 PM

TE21 Distributor

12 years ago
#1075 Quote
[quote="Peter Martin":zihruyv2]Paul re copper HT leads I have had historic problems with the more sophisticated options,usually intermittent untraceable missing usually caused by internal breakdown,with copper wire the continuity is easier to check.[/quote:zihruyv2] I like the cut of your jib Peter! I was wondering if there was some kind of incompatibility issue, but I agree with you that taking as much black magic as possible out of the equation is a good idea.  Regards, Paul. Posted by pryantcc 25/09/2012 11:30:01
12 years ago
#1076 Quote
I run with copper on the Alvis but carbon on my TR.  I'd prefer copper here (lower resistance = fatter spark) but I have Lumenition on the TR's distributor and interference from non-shielded copper leads causes switching/firing at unpredictable times!  As a purist, I prefer copper where I can but carbon also has advantages, principally the avoidance of radio interference, both within the vehicle and neighbouring vehicles/houses.  It can be tricky to check if they are okay though.  A multi-meter won't cut it they need a good shocking with a mega to check for breakdown.  Copper ht insulation damage is easier to spot by running the car with the bonnet up in the dark.  Arcing = bad.  Not arcing = maybe not bad!  Tony Posted by TonyO 25/09/2012 12:16:10