Saturday, October 5, 2024 10:45:49 PM

TA/TC 21 Shock Absorbers

8 years ago
#820 Quote
Thanks Richard  Can you please confirm the width of the flat face on the beefed up item  which you imply is from Australia,  I have just found 2 arms from a re-cycled TD the part nos are etched on and they measure 21mm/13/16" across on the wider face at the ball joint end.They look like your upgraded item rather than the more rounded "original"  I will check what is on my early TA when the weather improves  Peter Posted by Peter Martin 09/12/2015 09:50:40
8 years ago
#821 Quote
Peter,  Sorry but I cannot take measurements as they were images taken when I fitted them to the car earlier this year. I am uncertain of the meaning of the ending of your first sentence. The parts would have been ordered in Australia and delivered from the Works in the UK.  Regards   Richard Posted by RichardWallach 09/12/2015 10:01:17
8 years ago
#822 Quote
Richard  I misread your post ,& did not pick up that the upgraded parts were originally from Alvis UK  Peter Posted by Peter Martin 09/12/2015 10:09:46
8 years ago
#823 Quote
Job done. Used Chris P's shockers in the end, which are the correct rating for the car and fit without any need for fettling. Fitting the split pin through the bottom mounting was the most difficult bit but cobbled up a piece of pipe with a slot cut in to allow the split pin through as suggested in an earlier post, used with a G-clamp and some perseverance.  Top pins now fitted the other away around to allow easy removal in future (so bolt now facing toward the back of the car). The final 'nip' of the bolt is much easier with a second pair of hands leaning into the boot with a 3/8 socket and  you underneath the car putting some tension on the other end. Very grateful for this mild weather.....and noticed a rear brake cylinder leaking during a moment of quiet reflection underneath the car as one does.   Luckily there is s.all on TV over Christmas and I have a spare, so I have a task to do which will keep me from picking over the leftovers in the fridge now, together with refitting the speedo, fitting an electric fuel pump, tweaking this, fettling that....... Posted by Angus D'Arcy-Drake 21/12/2015 10:31:30
8 years ago
#824 Quote
Well done Angus. I fitted a remote brake reservoir, made by Lockheed, and used the Gunson pressure bleed kit when changing the fluid. The kit supplies a few screw on caps and one fitted the remote reservoir. (Unfortunately there is not one that fits the TA/TC reservoir. ) The whole process was done very easily.  Good luck.  Seasons Greetings,  Richard Melbourne Posted by RichardWallach 22/12/2015 09:06:42