Saturday, October 5, 2024 10:45:27 PM

TE21 wiper motor

10 years ago
#1214 Quote
My TE21 has been converted from positive to negative earth which means the Ammeter reads backwards and the clock has stopped! It was also fitted with a wrong wiper motor (Single speed no park DR3A rather than a DR3 with Park and 2 speeds) I now have the "correct" DR3 but no idea if it came off a positive or negative earth car. It has to run the right way round or reverse running would make it always park. If I need to make it run the opostite way to how it's set up anyone know what changes need to be made inside the motor? changing from left park to right park is trivial but getting it to run the right way may be more than simply changing how the 6 tail lead are connected. What is the right rotation? clockwise or anticlockwise as seen from above with the gear case cover off Posted by haysx0 04/09/2014 13:35:54
10 years ago
#1215 Quote
The wiper motor on my TA21 is not polarity sensitive. I cannot speak with authority for your later model. That said you can "bench" test it to see what happens when you reverse the polarity. My guess is nothing.  The clock would probably do well with a new electronic module added to provide the operating pulse. This is no big deal BUT it will be polarity sensitive. Changing the ammeter leads is straightforward.  Regards,  Richard Melbourne Posted by RichardWallach 05/09/2014 07:54:28