Saturday, October 5, 2024 10:42:12 PM

TD21 Wiper Mechanism

11 years ago
#1077 Quote
Approaching the end of the project and hopefully will have the car on the road soon but a few fiddly jobs left. The drivers side wiper works perfectly but the passenger only engage intermittently. It looks as if I shall have to replace the passenger wiper wheel box and the drive cable.  Can anyone advise me on how complex this will be and how to attempt it Posted by Davenall 07/11/2012 16:36:40
11 years ago
#1078 Quote
Not sure how hard/awkward it is to remove the outer tubes + wheel boxes,however it is easy to remove the inner cable and check it  for wear. Remove the wiper arms,disconnect the cable from the motor and pull it out,it may be worn on one side ,if so rotate it thru' 180* clean/grease it and put it back,& if the wheels are not too worn it should work. If not ,I'm sure Mr Prince will have a spare.Not sure the best grease to use, you need something that does not go solid  when cold, maybe graphite based.The original stuff on mine was very black and filthy. I replaced it with chassis grease which was possibley wrong as the wipers are slow and have a small arc when first switched on but improve as things warm up. Posted by Peter Martin 08/11/2012 14:29:49