Saturday, October 5, 2024 10:45:09 PM

Lighting problem on TD21 Series 1

12 years ago
#1049 Quote
I have lost side,head,rear  and brake lights, but indicators are OK. The Manual does not state which, if either, of the 2 fuses controls them.Ivhave replaced the fuses with new and cleaned the contacts. Any suggestions please.  Mike Skinner Posted by mikeskinner 14/07/2012 10:52:40
12 years ago
#1050 Quote
The following refers to a TE but I suspect the wiring is similar.  There is usually a wiring diagram stuck inside the back cover of the handbook . If not read on .The side/headlights are not fused!,the light switch is fed by a brown/white wire from the ignition switch,this could be loose. Brake light failure is probabley co-incidental,either a broken wire or a gunged up pressue switch.Try pressing the pedal really hard.One fuse protects the cigar lighter,the interior lights, &the horn relay main feed ,and the other, which is ignition controlled, covers the brake lights,indicators,fuel guage,reverse lamp,heater blower,radio ,wipers and horn push. Posted by Peter Martin 15/07/2012 15:11:17
12 years ago
#1051 Quote
Are the gauges still working? Check ignition switch. Posted by Dig 15/07/2012 21:33:21
12 years ago
#1052 Quote
Thank you Peter and “Dig” for providing a solution.  I did find my wiring diagram which was not in the handbook, but elsewhere on my file, but I think it might have served to confuse me more!  I went straight to the ignition switch and lo and behold the brown and white wire had come adrift.  All is now well, so thanks again.  With regards to the brake light I don’t think I actually tested it as I assumed that if the rear lights were not working the brake light would also not work, but that is fine too.Regards, Mike Skinner 10089 SE Posted by mikeskinner 17/07/2012 18:35:25