Saturday, October 5, 2024 8:06:01 PM

TC21 air cleaner paint finish

6 years ago
#1012 Quote
Does anybody happen to know how the air cleaner / silencer was finished from the factory? Most that I see in photos are gloss black. Some cars seem to have a matt black or satin black finish.  On a similar note, some car clubs have produced books which describe the specification and finish of the original car from the factory (there are books for MGs, TRs, Austin Healey, Jaguar etc) to help restorers achieve an original look. Is there such a guide for our cars? Maybe they were so individually specified that it would be impossible! Posted by drdowhitt 07/04/2018 11:47:00
6 years ago
#1013 Quote
Jon,  I have recently purchased a NOS TC21 AC Air silencer/cleaner for my TA21 { as I did a Solex to twin SU conversion} and the colour is matt black. If you repaint yours make sure that the paint is compatible with petrol as the so called filter is cleaned in it.  Re a colour book. Occasionally a colour chart appears on eBay but I have seen nothing else of use.  Regards  Richard Melbourne Posted by RichardWallach 08/04/2018 06:38:40