Saturday, October 5, 2024 8:02:38 PM

Otter switch wiring diagramme

8 years ago
#995 Quote
I am in the process of retrofitting twin SU's to my TA21, some 64 years after the Works did the same. The Solex just had to go. Can a member kindly draw the wiring circuit for the electric auxiliary starting system that includes the otter switch?  Richard Melbourne Posted by RichardWallach 12/09/2016 08:42:19
8 years ago
#996 Quote
Richard  There is a wiring diagram in the Motor trader data sheets published  11March 1953, this is reproduced poorly in the Newby/Fletcher 50th Anniversary  Collection, also the switch positioning is wrong. It appears the Choke switch is fed from the live side of the Reserve switch then on to the solenoid then to the thermo switch which earths when up to temp.Have a look at the TE21 wiring diagram located  at the back of the handbook reproduced in the members section ,the set up is similar &amp; the wiring diagram is very clear and the bit you want is at the top right of the drawing .  I know my copy of the TA/TC handbook shows no thermo carb and for some reason  no wiring diagram is shown in the members section reproduction  email me direct if you need more clarification, <!-- e --><a href="mailto:npsmartin@hotmail.com">npsmartin@hotmail.com</a><!-- e -->  Peter Posted by Peter Martin 13/09/2016 09:33:45
8 years ago
#997 Quote
Peter,  Many thanks. I have so much material that I neglected to look in what is the most obvious place.   Regards   Richard Posted by RichardWallach 14/09/2016 04:37:16