Saturday, October 5, 2024 8:01:59 PM

TC21 rear wings

9 years ago
#963 Quote
I have a small question for the group: on a TC21 are the apertures in the rear wings for the lamps and fuel filler reinforced in any way? The rear wings that I am about to fit to my TC21 were supplied years ago (via Walkers Radiators) and were made using my old wings as patterns. The old wings were little more than flaky rust and filler and were not returned.  I have cut holes for the lamps and fuel filler but am wondering whether to make backing plates to weld in place behind the metal. Any advice would be very welcome. Posted by drdowhitt 23/04/2015 23:01:55
9 years ago
#964 Quote
Jon, I have a TA21 and expect both to be the same.  On my car there is no reinforcing for the fuel pipe/cap. The rubber seal keeps everything in place and allows for a very small amount of play between the pipe/cap and guard.  With respect to the lamp mounts there is a small strip welded on each end of the cutout. This allows for more metal to accept the plated screw that secures the glass lens/ body to the guard.   Hope this helps.  Richard Melbourne Posted by RichardWallach 24/04/2015 11:10:30
9 years ago
#965 Quote
Thanks Richard, that is exactly the sort of detail I needed. I will replicate that, Regards, Jon Posted by drdowhitt 24/04/2015 22:19:39