Saturday, October 5, 2024 8:09:50 PM

Solex 30 PAAI

10 years ago
#937 Quote
The Solex dual throat carburetor was initially used on early TA21's before the switch to twin SU's. I am aware that it was common for owners to have their early cars converted to the later configuration. What I am seeking is any printed information and parts that still may be held by members as parts for this carburetor are becoming difficult to locate. I am resisting the temptation of a conversion.  Richard Melbourne Posted by RichardWallach 23/08/2014 22:34:59
9 years ago
#938 Quote
Hi Richard, I have a two page document entitled a Descriptive Leaflet which contains line drawings of the SOLEX Model 30 PAAI-2 carburettor plus operating instructions. It's in poor condition and being held together by the plastic cover in which it has been stored. But the main text is intact and will answer all you need to know about the unit. Will you be going to the Barossa Rally in May? If so I will take it with me. Failing this, I will be returning to Sydney via Melbourne and will be happy to give it to you. From memory you are somewhere near the Dandenong's and I will be visiting Belgrave, Box Hill and/or Camberwell. Perhaps one of these may be a suitable meeting area. I will not post the leaflet as it is too fragile. Also; some time ago you supplied details of the Clutch Driven plate for the TA 21. Assuming you bought one, can you tell me where from and perhaps a price indication? I am awaiting a return call from Auto Surplus in Mitcham, but would like an alternative supplier if possible. Regards, Phil. Posted by pdadd 10/02/2015 09:56:37
9 years ago
#939 Quote
Phil,  Sorry but I missed your reply. Thanks for the offer of the Solex diagramme. Luckily I do have a nice original, but alas it was not of much help. Re the clutch, yes I purchased mine from the Mitcham company but don't remember the price. It wasn't cheap but I have had no issue with the quality.  Regards  Richard Posted by RichardWallach 10/03/2015 04:11:42