Saturday, October 5, 2024 8:08:49 PM

Disc Brake conversion for a TA-21

10 years ago
#935 Quote
Who has completed such a conversion as listed above, disc brakes on the front end of a TA-21.  I am considering that on a current project.  Any ideas or experience sharing would be appreciated. Al Posted by alsfarms 16/08/2014 00:47:34
10 years ago
#936 Quote
Al  1 talk to C Prince re  s/h part availability or find a wreck 2 My TA was done by a previous owner, R Simmons, and it is great,the car stops and keeps on stopping.I think the easiest way would be to fit the entire set up from a donor car ie swivel pin,steering arm,stub axle,hub,disc,caliper,brake pistons. Mine has the Girling set up (TD S11 onwards)which I reckon is better than the Lockheed,as it is easier to fix/get parts when the seals let go.You will also probably   need a servo unless you have a strong rt leg.The servo is fitted below the steering column(RHD) with a remote brake fluid reservoir on the firewall higher than the servo,the reservoir is a std TD one connected to the top of the original TA master cylinder via the original filler plug. Think that is it, & definitely leave the drums on the back 3 If you want to call or mail me my details are in the book   worth doing  Peter Posted by Peter Martin 19/08/2014 10:45:16