Saturday, October 5, 2024 10:40:11 PM

flashing trafficators

11 years ago
#849 Quote
I would be interested to hear from members who have devised a way to make their trafficators flash. I am seeking  a circuit that can be miniaturised in order to fit within the side pillar housing for the trafficator. Posted by RichardWallach 03/03/2013 05:42:30
11 years ago
#850 Quote
Richard, I had mine converted about four years ago. It seemed a simple matter of adding a wire to the existing trafficators and putting in a relay switch. I will be at Traralgon and can show it to you then. An older autoelectrician did the job for me in Sydney, so it ought to be a simple task.Certainly there was no need to put in a micro system. Posted by pdadd 05/03/2013 01:02:43
11 years ago
#851 Quote
An elegant solution was implemented (I think by Earley Engineering, a few years ago) on my TA21.  The trafficators were left in place and working, but were re-connected to a 3 position illuminated indicator-switch mounted at the bottom of the dash.  The Front and rear Lucas sidelights had new bulbholders installed which accept both 5W sidelight and 21W orange indicator bulbs.  A standard Lucas flasher unit was installed under the bonnet connected to the original steering-wheel trafficator switch with a standard flashing circuit implemented, connected to the new flasher bulbs in the sidelights.  An alternative would be not to disturb the trafficators, and simply install flashers in the sidelights, and connect to a Lucas flasher unit and Lucas dash-mounted switch (e.g. SPB120 / 31476). The flasher-unit and switch are readily available.   So the car retains totally original looks, but has possibility to use trafficators and / or flashers in the sidelight units.  There seem to be at least a couple of suppliers for aftermarket conversion bulbholders for 1130 lamps, for example stafford vehicle components (s-v-c.co.uk) and retroclassiccarparts.com, and others. There also seems to be a choice of a double-bulb holder (clear sidelight bulb, orange flasher bulb), or a single holder for a 21/5 watt bulb with orange lens. There may be others with LED bulbs as well.  Hope this helps, Giles Lacey Posted by lacey giles 06/03/2013 09:38:44