Saturday, October 5, 2024 10:43:03 PM

fitting horseshoe bumpstop

12 years ago
#825 Quote
I have managed to fit the hoseshoe shaped rubber bumpstop to the nearside front suspension turret but I am unable to compress the offside spring enough to allow fitment of the offside one.I have the correct coil spring compressor but the bottom disc pulled through the wishbone hole it was being tightened so much - pretty scary ! I then supported the lower wishbone and released the top wishbone at the kingpin end and fitted the bumpstop but was unable to get the top wishbone back onto the kingpin sufficiently to refit the nut. I should mention that the car is currently a rolling chassis and therefore does not have the additional weight of the bodywork loading the springs. Posted by tf1695 17/07/2012 12:23:34
12 years ago
#826 Quote
Job done! Quite easy really,supported the suspension under the lower wishbone and lifted off the top wishbone from the kingpin, fitted the bumpstop (rebound rubber?), replaced the top wishbone onto the kingpin and by placing a lever ( trolley jack handle) under the inner wishbone mounting cross tube I was able to push the trunnion assembly down enough to start the nut. Posted by tf1695 22/07/2012 14:05:09