10 years ago
#767 Quote
Hi All I am in the process of fully restoring my Mulliner TA14 and I wonder if anyone can help with a slight challenge. I am currently retrimming the upholstery. In the process of this I have come across a piece of trim that seems to fit between the two rear seats and behind the armrest. I think it is designed to fill the gap between the 2 rear seats when the armrest is lowered. Hoever I cannot work out how it fits. It seems to be flexible at the back end ( 6 strips of ply between a sandwich of vinyl) and has a spring steel strip across it. The front has a bent rod which seems to run in a groove in the back of the armrest. I think this bent rod must be attached to the groove somehow, but cant work out how. I think something is missing. Athe back end of this piece the two pieces of vinyl have a flap each which seems to have been originally tacked to something but again I have no idea what. Any thoughts, suggestions or photos would be most helpful. I have attached a photo of what I had to start with and also another photo of what I have reconstructed prior to covering [attachment=1:2gz7j2v6]<!-- ia1 -->DSC_2667.1.jpg<!-- ia1 -->[/attachment:2gz7j2v6] [attachment=0:2gz7j2v6]<!-- ia0 -->DSC_2712.1.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:2gz7j2v6] Posted by Bruce Sharman 29/06/2014 05:48:30