Saturday, October 5, 2024 8:14:12 PM

Synchro box speedo drive

5 years ago
#471 Quote
Our Firefly/Sp20 Special has now got to the "lets get it all together" stage, one thing was connecting up the speedo cable. We have the cable but where it goes into the gearbox near the tail shaft there is a big hole where presumably there should be a bronze bush of some sort which is missing. Can anyone help please? Either with a picture, a description or by supplying the missing part, any help would br much appreciated! David Barker Posted by Delagiste 18/06/2019 16:05:18
5 years ago
#472 Quote
David,  I may be able to help. Do you know how many teeth are on the speedo drive gear?    Richard Melbourne Posted by RichardWallach 20/06/2019 06:14:52
5 years ago
#473 Quote
It would be great if you could Richard! Do you mean the gear on the tail shaft in the box?  I could count them by looking down the hole maybe, but if you mean the driven gear, no, 'cos we aint got one! We are short of the eccentric bronze bush and the gear+shaft. Red triangle have a TA14 bush so I'm asking them what diameter it is to see if we can use that, even if we have to make a sleeve up. But I'll still need a gear+shaft to have one made to pattern. The other problem is that no doubt there are different gear sets for different back axle ratios, but I'll cross that bridge if I ever get there! David Posted by Delagiste 20/06/2019 12:29:31
5 years ago
#474 Quote
David, I can send you images via email if you like. I have  the speedo gear parts from a 4 speed synchro box including the eccentric housing, a 24  teeth drive gear to the cable and the worm drive gear that fits on the output shaft. Do you have my email address?  If not you will find it at the bottom of one of my articles from The Bulletin. Send me a message and I will reply with photos.   Regards,   Richard Melbourne Posted by RichardWallach 24/06/2019 07:51:11
5 years ago
#475 Quote
That sounds great Richard! I haven't got your E Mail address, but mine is   <!-- e --><a href="mailto:david.barker5@icloud.com">david.barker5@icloud.com</a><!-- e -->   , can you use that please? I will then reply to you. Posted by Delagiste 24/06/2019 16:53:06