Saturday, October 5, 2024 6:27:25 PM

Speed 25 Front Springs

6 years ago
#412 Quote
New brake cables successfully fitted and adjusted.  Many Thanks Peter (see my last post).  Next winter job is to remove, clean up, and re-grease the front transverse leaf spring.  I vaguely remember reading somewhere that some owners remove a leaf or two to give a less harsh ride.  Has anybody done this, and does it work ?  If so, which leaf/leaves is it best to remove. Posted by NeilWillatt 03/12/2017 18:02:23
5 years ago
#413 Quote
I know its a bit after the fact, but I just took three leaves out of my front spring..My car is a bit lighter than standard and had the dreaded wobble. I am now firmly of the belief that this was made worse by the stiffness of the front spring transmitting road movement to the chassis and then back again. More testing needed and I also want to try replacing one of the springs...but its much more supple, speed bumps taken with no clunking, much less vibration and knocks through the steering wheel, and not too much negative...maybe a hair vaguer on the road, but not much   [attachment=0:vctffyqd]<!-- ia0 -->alvis.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:vctffyqd] Posted by simhin 11/10/2018 15:26:03