Saturday, October 5, 2024 9:54:58 PM

Camshaft bearing sizes

11 years ago
#230 Quote
I am re- posting this in several different forums, just in case people are not watching this one!  I am trying to find the actual main journal sizes on Pre-war 6 cylinder camshafts. The 2 intermediate bearings are approximately 43mm diameter, and the front and rear ones appear to be 30mm, but I need an accurate size. Does anyone have a good size camshaft that they can measure accurately with micrometers and give me a true size. The one that I have is in very poor condition, and appears to have been ground undersize at some time in the past. I would assume that the Firebirds etc. have the same size journals, but only one intermediate. Thanks, Ian Hardaker Posted by IanHardaker 28/09/2013 15:58:20
10 years ago
#231 Quote
I replied to this a week ago, do not know where it has gone!   I have copies of original Alvis drawings for Sp 25, bearing dimensions are;    Smaller end ones   30mm, ¬.057 to ¬.070mm       The larger centre ones;   43mm   ¬.045 to  Â¬.057mm   I believe all prewar engines have these same dimensions, probably postwar too. Posted by jackclover 17/12/2013 09:32:47
10 years ago
#232 Quote
Jack, I posted this in several forums so that it got noticed... You replied to the one in &quot;Post War Cars&quot;, now in &quot;Speed Models&quot; as well! Would you contact me off the forum at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:IanHardaker@earthlink.net">IanHardaker@earthlink.net</a><!-- e -->  I would like to discuss these cams and drawings with you!  Ian Hardaker Posted by IanHardaker 17/12/2013 13:06:03