Saturday, October 5, 2024 9:55:20 PM

Electrical Winter Blues

11 years ago
#222 Quote
Having put the Speed 20 SC away in November in order to replace the brake cables and have new linings fitted to the shoes, when it came to perform a brake test getting the car started was a nightmare!  I was getting misfires on various cylinders everytime I took the plugs out or took the Distributor cap off.  I have now replaced the condenser HT leads and plugs caps and although it runs it is not firing on all cylinders.  I am using Champion D9 plugs and I found one plug was damaged so that there was no charge getting to the tip.  The plugs are only 3 years old and the car is not driven much (which I know does not help) but I think it may be prudent to change the plugs as well.  My question is am I using the right type of plug.  The timing has not been altered over the winter and checking the points they were marginally wide.  Took the car out yesterday and whilst it drove OK and at a good speed it is definetly only firing on 5.  Any thoughts Posted by sapperone 07/05/2013 14:59:38
11 years ago
#223 Quote
I can't help you on this but it throws up a question from me - your Plugs are Champion D9's - 18mm (same as my prewar Sunbeam) - My Sp20SC has 14mm plugs - Have I got the wrong head? Posted by shaun matthews 08/05/2013 19:50:44