Saturday, October 5, 2024 9:55:16 PM

Trafficator switch

12 years ago
#48 Quote
For a 1934 Silver Eagle SG16.95 ,the wiring diagram shows a trafficator switch (for semaphore type indicators)that I will use for my flashing indicators . But no details on what type of switch ,or where it is mounted  on the dash.  ajw 11079NZ Posted by ajw 25/05/2012 07:18:35
12 years ago
#49 Quote
On my Silver Eagle 6 light saloon the trafficator switch is a simple one without a warning light and it is mounted on the centre of the screen trim rail (where the ash tray and the horn control are fitted) I have used the switch to operate both the semaphores and the indicators by using two flasher cans and two diodes to separate the circuits. Posted by Silver Eagle 16/08/2012 16:51:24
12 years ago
#50 Quote
Thanks Silver Eagle ,that placement is what I imagined for the switch .I have located a plain black Lucas switch without a light ,so will run with that . Posted by ajw 26/08/2012 05:01:39
10 years ago
#51 Quote
Has anyone tried running semaphore trafficators, and taking a spur off the live supply to each semaphore, and running that through a flasher can which can then be connected to a discreet LED strip?  In my case the LEDs to be hidden inside the rear light cover. Posted by Peter Flower 01/10/2014 14:19:20
10 years ago
#52 Quote
Peter,  Have a look at my item "flashing trafficators" under the General Technical section. You possibly can make your trafficators flash (depending on globe type) and you may also be able to use the flashing globe as a turn signal indicator and do away with the "can".  Good room for experimentation.  Richard Melbourne Posted by RichardWallach 02/10/2014 01:45:36
10 years ago
#53 Quote
On my 1936 Silver Eagle I used the &quot;turn signal switch box&quot; item ELE020 on Page 6 of this catalog... <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.restorationstuff.com/pdf/RestorationSupplyCompany.pdf">http://www.restorationstuff.com/pdf/Res ... ompany.pdf</a><!-- m --> With this I wired the rear tail lights and brake light up so that the brake lights flash as indicators (Could also be a separate indicator light). I put dual filament bulbs in the  front side lights which also flash. I then took a feed from the switch to trafficators which work normally, and a hidden switch (which I've never used) to turn off the flashing system and revert to just trafficators. Posted by IanHardaker 02/10/2014 04:13:58