I am faced with having to repair/adjust the window winding mechanism on the drivers door of my TF21.
I believe this may have been an issue with my car for some considerable time; previously the frame work to the rear quarter light where the quarter light hinge is attached has been, in my opinion, incorrectly fitted in order to eliminate the front door glass striking the chrome section supporting the quarter light hinge frame. It was necessary for me to renew and replace the chrome section but correctly (hopefully).
Before I commence removing the mechanism within the door, is anyone able to provide a little advice please, such as warnings during the dismantling or suggestions on how to raise the glass on the side nearest the external door handle? I hope I have described this properly!
Thanks in advance
Brian
I believe this may have been an issue with my car for some considerable time; previously the frame work to the rear quarter light where the quarter light hinge is attached has been, in my opinion, incorrectly fitted in order to eliminate the front door glass striking the chrome section supporting the quarter light hinge frame. It was necessary for me to renew and replace the chrome section but correctly (hopefully).
Before I commence removing the mechanism within the door, is anyone able to provide a little advice please, such as warnings during the dismantling or suggestions on how to raise the glass on the side nearest the external door handle? I hope I have described this properly!
Thanks in advance
Brian
0

