Saturday, October 5, 2024 8:06:59 PM

TA-TC 21 radiator pressure valve

9 years ago
#2554 Quote
I am trying to ascertain whether Alvis had the spring loaded valve sitting on a rubber or fibre washer. RT believe that it may have been a fibre washer. Any comments as to what works best would also be appreciated.  Richard Melbourne Posted by RichardWallach 05/06/2015 22:44:14
9 years ago
#2555 Quote
Mine had a very perished / crumbling rubber washer that I believe was original. It certainly did not work.  The rest of the valve was totally corroded and stuck fully open.  I made one good valve up out of 2 (rubber washer was missing though).  I found a fibre washer that would fit and used that and it has been fine now for a couple of years.  Giles Lacey Posted by lacey giles 09/06/2015 09:38:15
9 years ago
#2556 Quote
Perhaps late in the day, but my TC21/100 pressure release valve sits on the top of the radiator with NO washer whatsoever. I have been having problems with the coolant leaking out when the engine has stopped running. The problem was not the lack of a washer, but the fact that I had got the brass pressure relief valve in upside down. I returned from Goodwood revival on Saturday in the heat of the afternoon, and the next day checked the fluid level. Perfect. Posted by Nigel Griffiths 16/09/2015 07:46:13