Saturday, October 5, 2024 8:07:16 PM

Aluminium radiators

9 years ago
#2546 Quote
There seems to be an emerging fashion for aluminium radiators. Do these have any significant cooling advantages? Doubtless they are lighter than the originals but I doubt if that would be noticeable on a TD/E/F. Posted by vaningen 19/01/2015 21:45:30
9 years ago
#2547 Quote
I know that you need to be careful that smaller bore pipes aren't used in an aluminium radiator, if that is the way you choose. They clog up too easily. Posted by Angus D'Arcy-Drake 20/01/2015 09:12:09
9 years ago
#2548 Quote
Aluminium radiators tend to have plastic tanks. I have never seen then fitted to conventional tanks. One must also be mindful of the thickness of the core too. I have found that a thicker core fitted quite well in my TA21 tanks. It certainly helps during Australian summers.  Also have in the back of your mind with any core replacement whether you want to maintain the hole for the crank handle. One need not lose cooling system efficiency if the work is done a business that knows what they are doing. The less experienced just blank off pipes which is the last thing that you want.  Richard Melbourne Posted by RichardWallach 22/01/2015 11:50:54