Saturday, October 5, 2024 8:13:15 PM

Interior lkights TE21

10 years ago
#2541 Quote
Thanks for the input Peter, I have the wiring diagram but I am trying to figure out where the feeds to the interior lights branch off from the feed to the Cigar lighter physically. The Cigar lighter in the dash is dead but someone fitted a socket under the dash for a sat nav. The interior lights don't work off the switch and indeed only the passenger door has a courtesy light switch (The drivers door has a hole but no switch and I have not pulled the carpet off to see if there is even a wire (I assume you do pull the carpet off and not have to go in some other way?)) Posted by haysx0 23/09/2014 13:10:19
10 years ago
#2542 Quote
The interior light switch and door contacts run with all three brown and black wires to the back of the switch, two then to ground via the door contacts and switch grounds behind dash. Brown green and brown black then runs to the boot. If light works on one door contact, I would say to check the switch ground behind dash and other door contact.  Just realised you have a TE, I'm TF but guess it should have the same loom although a different dash. If you can see the back of the switch, check if you have all three wires to one poll first and trace to contacts. By the way,  I say ground rather than live or negative etc because many cars have been changed to a negative earth and not knowing your cars history, i thought it explained things simply for you to retrace. Posted by Hewitt OPC 24/09/2014 20:31:54
10 years ago
#2543 Quote
Steve You get to the back of the courtesy switches/wires (live!) either by pulling the switch thru the A post or from underneath having removed the triangular fillet piece behind the splash panel. I think there is a steel plate behind the carpet. I can't find where the cigar lighter/interior light junction box is located, I would rewire everything back to the fuse box, there are plenty of spare terminals. Posted by Peter Martin 26/09/2014 15:38:34
10 years ago
#2544 Quote
Thanks again Peter. I don't think my TE has a light in the boot but I will have a hunt. Certainly the interior lights don't work at all so I have to do some tracing of wires to see if I even have a live in the light housings. Then finding the earths will be the next job. You say you get at the door contacts from under the car? not from the foot well? I will need to fit 1 new door contact at some point. In fact my fuse carrier (Just 2 fuses) does not have many direct spare ways since someone fitted a kenlow fan and an electric fuel pump. In fact most of the work has been bodged which is why I have a lot of sorting out to do. Posted by haysx0 29/09/2014 09:21:02