Saturday, October 5, 2024 8:05:07 PM

Radio interference

10 years ago
#2502 Quote
Having just reinstalled the HMV car radio the problem of interference, notably ignition interference has arisen. I would like to know how members have tackled this matter. I seek particular advice as to which resistor equipped spark plug is considered the most appropriate as well as the best assortment of add-ons in order to reduce the noise.  I have an original Lucas adapter that screws on top of the coil but it does not seem to make much of a difference. Posted by RichardWallach 08/03/2014 07:30:18
10 years ago
#2503 Quote
Try ebay for a car radio suppressor, lots available. Used one years ago with my old golf and worked a treat! Posted by Hewitt OPC 11/03/2014 22:39:47
10 years ago
#2504 Quote
E-bay is a great resource and am aware of various "condensers"/capacitors for both the coil and generator. The issue comes to their respective values. Members may have some experience to share.  The fitting of carbon core cables  into our distributor caps is also an issue. Experience of members here would be much appreciated, likewise with resistor spark plugs.   I can imagine that many members have experienced the annoying crackle and whine of ignition/generator induced noise and must have at least some success stories to share. Posted by RichardWallach 11/03/2014 23:32:49