Saturday, October 5, 2024 8:01:23 PM

Cooling Pump & Fan

11 years ago
#2455 Quote
Hi Alan  Hope this helps. Shaft,you should be able to see a male tapered section,a splined section & the threaded bit for the retaining nut,the fan central hub is tapered female and splined. The retaining nut on some pumps is castellated with a split pin ,good, other pumps have a knackered Symonds nut and loctite if you are lucky,not so good, as the nut tends to undo with noisy expensive results. No idea of the torque but as tight as you dare assumining taper and splines in good shape .There is also a plain washer and a spring washer .If the nut has loosened the the splines/taper will be wrecked and you will never get them to stay together properly.I think CPrince has produced a modded shaft assy that is simpler/stronger. The only exploded drg I know of is in the S11/TE parts book ,plate D p98 & there may be a similar book for the S1.The parts book is a fantastic source of info and  the S11 book covers most of the S1 Good luck Peter Posted by Peter Martin 16/09/2013 20:42:14
11 years ago
#2456 Quote
Alan  Parts books appear on ebay from time to time, I'm sure RT will sell you one, or try CPrince. You are right most of the S11 is common to the S1 so a S11/TE book covers most areas.  The build  up order is as follows; Fan pulley,4 studs,2sets of 4 blades,driving flange adaptor(a ring),driving flange(a splined disc),plain washer,spring washer,castle nut, split pin. I do not have the technology to scan the page,sorry Peter Posted by Peter Martin 19/09/2013 19:40:45