Saturday, October 5, 2024 8:08:48 PM

Speed 20SC

9 years ago
#2356 Quote
Have just purchased a Speed 20SC Charlesworth saloon.  I'm trying to sort out garaging for it, but as the car is 70 miles away, do not know its length.  Can anybody help me or point me in the right direction so that it will actually fit into any garage that I can locate. Also, I notice mention of the lubrication system (? luvax).  This does not appear to be working, and even the screw top on the header tank seems to be siezed.  In the absence of grease nipples, how is the whole car lubricated? Help or advice gratefully received. Graham Posted by langford 09/03/2015 11:39:37
9 years ago
#2357 Quote
My Speed 25 2 door saloon is 14' 10" from bumper to bumper.  Other more qualified members should be able to help you with the lubrication issue. Congratulations, and good luck! Posted by johnlayzell 09/03/2015 19:27:18
9 years ago
#2358 Quote
Hi Graham,  I have been advised that the one shot lubrication is very good for putting lubricant everywhere apart from where you need it as, like you, I was looking at putting it back into service on my 4.3.  If you are looking at putting the &quot;one shot&quot; back into service then grease is not what you require, but it's oil - SAE 90 type oil for chassis lubrication.  As for grease nipples, suspect you have fallen down the same trap as myself and expecting a grease nipple where you click the grease gun onto.  What you will find are Tecalemit type grease nipples which look completely different :-)  Have a look at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.completeautomobilist.com/categories/complete-automobilist-workshop-parts-greasers-and-oilers-greasers">http://www.completeautomobilist.com/cat ... s-greasers</a><!-- m -->   for some examples and I expect you will find that someone has already fitted them for you.  Regards   Chris Posted by chhym 28/07/2015 15:07:49
8 years ago
#2359 Quote
My thanks to those who replied.  The length was correct, but I found a mix of 'ancient and modern' grease nipples so that two different grease guns are necessary.  Haven't quite figured out the purpose of the 'push button' oil can in the under bonnet tool kit, but won't bother trying to reinstate the Luvax system. Posted by langford 01/02/2016 17:33:07