Saturday, October 5, 2024 8:05:36 PM

Which classic car events should AOC support?

11 years ago
#2214 Quote
Presently, the AOC has a presence at the NEC and Bristol Classic Car Shows, paid out of AOC funds. At the recent board meeting, the directors/officers discussed whether the AOC should support other events - they should be large and national/international in scale, and should help raise awareness of Alvis cars in general. Any ideas which events the AOC should support? For example, Essen, Goodwood, Silverstone? All suggestions welcome (with rationale please)....... Posted by Philip 03/06/2013 08:21:55
11 years ago
#2215 Quote
I am not certain that the AOC needs to invest further in promoting the marque by attendance of any additional shows/events. The audience reached by these activities is relatively small, and [i:226pz8g1]generally[/i:226pz8g1] the same people attend year in year out,  but Rob Rowe's recent liaison with Classic&Sports Car does a great job of promoting the marque and as importantly, the AOC. The readership of articles on the web like this, must surely be larger than attendances at exhibitions/shows?  Have a look at the 'Blogs' tab on the C&SC web page to see what I am talking about.  In light of the gradually diminishing membership, the AOC should consider promoting itself/courting owners who are not currently members?  Quite a few car clubs advertise in magazines like C&SC. I have never seen the AOC advertised anywhere. It that a worthwhile consideration? Posted by Angus D'Arcy-Drake 11/06/2013 12:36:20