Saturday, October 5, 2024 10:41:59 PM

Hello from Ireland

12 years ago
#2171 Quote
Hello All! I'm a new user of the forum, so thought I'd introduce myself, I hope it's OK to do so here! My name is Paul Ryan (I'm not the new US presidential candidate!), I'm 35 and live in Wicklow in the Irish Republic. I have a 1948 TA-14 drop-head which is undergoing complete restoration. I'm doing all the work myself wherever possible, it's my first restoration. I have found it to be very time consuming, but also most rewarding! I made good progress in the first 5 years or so, but have started a family and haven't had any time since my first baby arrived a year ago. I do hope to get back to it eventually. I have started a thread telling the story of the restoration in the [url=http://www.alvisoc.co.uk/aocbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=88:3nfm5dxd]TA-14 section[/url:3nfm5dxd] I hope that you enjoy reading it!  I look forward to much happy and stimulating Alvis discussion with you all. Regards, Paul. Posted by pryantcc 12/08/2012 21:05:00
12 years ago
#2172 Quote
Hello Paul,  Good to hear of somebody who is reducing the age-demographic of the club!  We will read about progress on your TA14 restoration with interest and with you, look forward to the happy day you undertake that maiden voyage, hood down, with the family. Great stuff!  Cheers  Angus Posted by Angus D'Arcy-Drake 13/08/2012 09:38:26
12 years ago
#2173 Quote
[quote="Angus D'Arcy-Drake":2drm72w2]Hello Paul,  Good to hear of somebody who is reducing the age-demographic of the club!  We will read about progress on your TA14 restoration with interest and with you, look forward to the happy day you undertake that maiden voyage, hood down, with the family. Great stuff!  Cheers  Angus[/quote:2drm72w2]  Thank you Angus. I am greatly looking forward to the happy day, although Mrs. Ryan is incapable of picturing the Alvis as anything that might be remotely desirable to sit in given its current state of disassembly! I'm sure she'll come round once its gleaming in the sunshine!  Regards, Paul. Posted by pryantcc 13/08/2012 18:00:16
12 years ago
#2174 Quote
Hi paul  i'm living in co meath and just sent my 1966 TF21 to the upholster for new carpets and recoulour of the seats.in thr last 3 years I have striped it to bare metal,welded  in new front nose sections and rear wing edges.Engine rebuild,new brake calipers and brake pipes,ect,ect mostly by myself with help from lots of friends. Would love to talk my no is 0876140775.All going well I hope to make Cardiff IAD but it will be a tight think.regards Tom Mckeever Posted by TE McK 16/08/2012 21:44:26
12 years ago
#2175 Quote
[quote="TE McK":1hepimut]Hi paul  i'm living in co meath and just sent my 1966 TF21 to the upholster for new carpets and recoulour of the seats.in thr last 3 years I have striped it to bare metal,welded  in new front nose sections and rear wing edges.Engine rebuild,new brake calipers and brake pipes,ect,ect mostly by myself with help from lots of friends. Would love to talk my no is 0876140775.All going well I hope to make Cardiff IAD but it will be a tight think.regards Tom Mckeever[/quote:1hepimut]  Great talking to you this evening Tom, I look forward to seeing your car in the flesh once its done!  Great to hear of another Irish Alvis owner! Posted by pryantcc 21/08/2012 19:19:41