Saturday, October 5, 2024 8:03:22 PM

Body wanted.....

6 years ago
#1749 Quote
I am looking for a body for my project.  I am rebuilding a very early Firefly (No: 14) from a complete but very decayed rolling chassis that had stood naked in a field. There wasn't a body with it and hadn't been for 40 years. The engine gearbox and axles were surprisingly good and have been re-furbished, the chassis is repaired and ready for action.  So I need a body,  The V5C says saloon, colour black, this was of course a Carbodies example and it seems they weren't known for longevity!  I will build a two seater boat tailed Pub Racer if nothing else turns up...... but this car has several early differences to the many Firefly's that exist..... it has a manual gearbox, a simplified braking system and the distributor at the radiator end of the dynamo..... making it I feel a car worth preserving..... all these things were improved on in later production models. The Firefly had many different bodies, I particularly like the six light saloon version.... BUT all these are beyond my energy and patience to start from scratch.  The chassis is similar to many other Alvis models so I am wondering if any one has a body sitting unloved under a tarpaulin in the legendary Barn or Hen Pen waiting for a chance to live again? Posted by FLYJCW 20/03/2018 09:01:17
6 years ago
#1750 Quote
John, I wish you had posted this last week... I just dragged a body out of my garage, ready to scrap. It's a 1936 Silver Eagle SG Holbrook Sports saloon. I bought it on Ebay about 10 years ago, but decided to repair mine instead. Unfortunately I did drag it outside and it didn't do it much good. You can have it for free.... But it is in Ohio, USA. Contact me offline on <!-- e --><a href="mailto:ianhardaker@earthlink.net">ianhardaker@earthlink.net</a><!-- e --> if interested! Posted by IanHardaker 23/03/2018 01:39:25
6 years ago
#1751 Quote
Many thanks to Ian for his generous offer but the logistics were just to complicated!  Well that is two possibles..... one in Wales that was advertised in THE AUTOMOBILE magazine.... which had of course gone when I phoned and one in the USA...... third time lucky?? Posted by FLYJCW 29/03/2018 08:29:38
6 years ago
#1748 Quote
Keep an eye on prewarcar.com   Bodywork comes up on there quite a bit. Posted by Angus D'Arcy-Drake 05/04/2018 08:13:57