Saturday, October 5, 2024 10:47:06 PM

Silver Eagle SG Pushrod and cam follower wanted.

8 years ago
#1696 Quote
I took my Silver Eagle for a little 110 mile each way jaunt to work at one of my customers in Jackson Michigan this week... and broke the number 3 inlet valve rocker, it sheared off across the adjuster thread end. The push rod then continued to rattle about for about 60 miles, damaging it. I have a spare rocker, but I don't think I have a spare pushrod, and I can't see if the cam follower is damaged, but I wouldn't be surprised!  Anyone got a spare pushrod and cam follower? Thanks... Ian Posted by IanHardaker 05/06/2016 19:06:28
8 years ago
#1697 Quote
No-one got a pushrod? Posted by IanHardaker 21/06/2016 01:47:36
8 years ago
#1698 Quote
Hi Ian Sorry only just seen your request. Suggest you contact Smith Bros Pushrods <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.pushrods.net">www.pushrods.net</a><!-- w -->. They are in Oregon and I buy all my pushrods from them and have them shipped to the UK. They are very inexpensive and good quality. Can't help with cam follower. Posted by Brian Maile 08/07/2016 19:02:09
8 years ago
#1699 Quote
Thanks Brian, I contacted Red Triangle. and they suggested Smith Brothers, so I have sent a push rod there to be copied.... They estimate only about $16 each.... A bargain!!! Posted by IanHardaker 09/07/2016 02:33:03
7 years ago
#1701 Quote
[quote=&quot;IanHardaker&quot;:erjqpw80]I took my Silver Eagle for a little 110 mile each way jaunt to work at one of my customers in Jackson Michigan this week... and broke the number 3 inlet valve rocker, it sheared off across the adjuster thread end. The push rod then continued to rattle about for about 60 miles, damaging it. I have a spare rocker, but I don't think I have a spare pushrod, and I can't see if the cam follower is damaged, but I wouldn't be surprised!  Anyone got a spare pushrod and cam follower? Thanks... Ian[/quote:erjqpw80]  Hi Ian, did you make the new camshafts for the Sp25s? I have just bought a half completed special with a Sp20 engine and with it there is a brand new camshaft, said to be Sp25. Very lovely with the shaft between the bearings and cams copper plated and very shiney! Do you know what the opening/closing points are on these? Posted by Delagiste 26/09/2017 14:52:23
7 years ago
#1700 Quote
Hi Dave, Yes I have made Speed 25 Camshafts, and also Speed 20/Silver Eagle camshafts. The Speed 25 camshafts are currently in the &quot;Pink Un&quot; for sale.  The Speed 20 camshafts are all sold out. The one that you have is a Speed 20 camshaft. On that one, the copper plating is part of the carburizing for the hardening process. The copper plating stops the carburizing gas from going into the metal, and keeps the steel soft (relatively), and strong.  The Speed 25 camshafts are induction hardened, so do not have or need the copper plating on. So I know yours is a Speed 20 style! The timing is the same as standard, I think it's known as a 15/55.... Inlet opens 15 degrees before TDC, and closes 55 degrees after BDC. Exhaust opens 55 degrees before BDC, and closes 15 degrees after TDC. If you email me off site I may be able to give you more info... <!-- e --><a href="mailto:IanHardaker@earthlink.net">IanHardaker@earthlink.net</a><!-- e --> Posted by IanHardaker 27/09/2017 03:08:32