Saturday, October 5, 2024 8:03:31 PM

New Speed 25 Camshafts

8 years ago
#1549 Quote
Following the success of the Silver Eagle / Speed 20 camshafts that I made, I am going to make a batch of Speed 25 Camshafts, and would like to know of any members that may be interested in purchasing one. These will be made on the very latest CNC lobe grinding machines, and may be available with 2 or 3 different profiles... The original (Slightly modified to quieten the valve lift), a fast road cam, and possibly a full race cam, depending on whether I can get the profiles.  I would like to know of any possible interest, with no commitment required, just to get an idea how many to manufacture.  I can be contacted either through this forum, or directly by email at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:ianhardaker@earthlink.net">ianhardaker@earthlink.net</a><!-- e --> Posted by IanHardaker 23/01/2016 03:48:43
6 years ago
#1551 Quote
Hello Ian, I have just acquired a project to put together for a friend, a Firefly chassis and a SD Sp20 engine. It was in America for quite some time owned by a J.T.Roghan of Clarksburg (Maryland?), and along with all the other bits is a brand new camshaft, copper plate between the cams and bearings, looks super! The question is; Did you supply one either to him or to Juri Castricum in Holland from whom we bought the car? If so can you tell me the timing ? If not, I wonder where it came from! If you did  do you know if Mr Roghan is still contactable? I'd like to ask him if he has any useful history of the chassis and so forth, it seems a very odd thing to be over there and then sent back as an unfinished project. Regards, David Posted by Delagiste 18/10/2017 16:12:44
6 years ago
#1552 Quote
Hi David, I supplied a Speed 20 camshaft to Juri Castricum in January of 2015. I have not heard of Mr Roghan! The timing of the camshaft is the same as the standard one, which can be seen in the Manual for the car... If you contact me off the site, I can probably send you some scans of the details. My email is <!-- e --><a href="mailto:IanHardaker@earthlink.net">IanHardaker@earthlink.net</a><!-- e --> It does seem odd that the project is over here in the USA, I sent the cam to Holland, and now all going back over the pond!  Ian Posted by IanHardaker 19/10/2017 01:30:32
6 years ago
#1550 Quote
No, the car is now in England! Juri's father bought it in 2006 from Roghan, he then sold it to Juri who made 3/4s of the new body but decided to go for a Riley special instead (silly boy!). So we have bought it from him to complete as a car for hill climbs, sprints and maybe racing in Vintage Sports Car Club events. No wonder the camshaft looks so good if Juri only bought it couple of years ago. I should be getting the engine here in a couple of weeks, it'll give me something to keep  busy with over the winter! My E Mail is <!-- e --><a href="mailto:david.barker5@icloud.com">david.barker5@icloud.com</a><!-- e --> ,  it'd be great if you could send me details, thanks! David Posted by Delagiste 20/10/2017 09:20:28