Saturday, October 5, 2024 8:01:38 PM

TE21 ZF Gearbox

5 years ago
#1482 Quote
The ZF manual gearbox in my TE21 jumps out of gear when reverse is selected, it's manageable on the level with gentle use of the clutch/throttle but a problem on any gradient - I have to be careful how and where I park!   Has anyone else experienced this problem with the 5 speed 'box, assuming it is repairable are there any recommendations as to where can it be fixed?  Andrew Posted by tf1695 31/08/2019 20:47:43
5 years ago
#1483 Quote
Andrew It may be something simple, (If you are lucky) The selector fork may not be pushing the gear into place as either the end of the gear  lever and/or the slot in the selector rod are worn .Somewhere I have the dimensions for the end of the lever.RT may have the drawing. Or maybe the spring that pushes the retaining ball into the selector rod is bust/tired, certainly worth a look. The parts book  Plate J p95 gives details of the set up. RT used to stock the springs.  My TE has a similar problem with 2nd but it is only really an issue when things are stone cold and  occasionally  when very very hot.   good luck, Peter  . Posted by Peter Martin 05/09/2019 16:07:02