Saturday, October 5, 2024 8:06:57 PM

TD21 Series 1 Sill Drains

6 years ago
#1448 Quote
Alan,  Get in touch with Chris Prince. If anyone can help he certainly can.    Richard Melbourne Posted by RichardWallach 19/09/2018 20:02:57
6 years ago
#1449 Quote
Alan  I am familiar with a no. of 3 litres, none of them had drain holes in the cills. Posted by Peter Martin 27/09/2018 13:59:53
6 years ago
#1450 Quote
Alan My current TE has 2 x 1/2" holes  per side drilled by me about 20 years ago.Originality was the last thing on my mind! At that time the car had just undergone a major expensive resto. commissioned by the original owner.No holes in the new cills ,only primer (new panels from  RT) but  everything was still new and solid. Having drilled the holes I plugged them and half filled the cills with hot waxoyl  via the slots in the top rocker panel . Once Waxoyl set, removed plugs.Very occasional clearing of the holes releases any water trapped.The front of the cill is protected by the ali. splash panel and the triangular fillet beneath, the back remains open.  I have  fitted very flexible rubber flaps behind the front wheels in front of the panel which stop the leading edge of the cill being scoured by road debris and reduces the spray hitting the splash panel .A similar set up behind the rear wheels with a more rigid mud flap reduces the amount of muck collecting at the bottom of the rear wings and extreme back of the car which can also rust badly together with the chassis leg/jacking point section  Very impressed with your paint jobs  Peter Posted by Peter Martin 04/10/2018 15:31:57