7 years ago
#1380 Quote
Good evening, I am new to Alvis ownership but have owned and restored many classics including my 2 MGA's and my MG Magnette ZB. I have been using Evans coolant in my cars ( including a highly tuned Sunbeam Tiger that has just been sold ) for over 15 years without incident. Reading about the design of the coolant 'pathway' in the 3 litre engine promted me do the same thing with my TD21. I have installed an alloy catch tank which takes any expansion from the modified overflow on the top of the radiator (using a cunning adapter from Revotec). I used a commercial non sprung cap on the radiator (as mentioned on a previous posting). I have fitted a 4Lb cap to the expansion tank, however I have not sealed the tank completely so there is no pressure in the system. I have done 60 miles in the car and it ran beautifully. It will be used for the Sporting Bears charity at Carfest south this weekend so I will post any observations. The previous owner was not a fan of the cars handling, one of the issues was a previous restoration had on replaced 3 of the seat base bolts when reinstalling the seats making the seat pitch and yaw under braking. now that is solved I have ordered a set of Michelins which should further aid any issues. Posted by dominic taylor-lane 21/08/2017 19:53:27