Saturday, October 5, 2024 10:51:49 PM

TE21 Grease nipples

7 years ago
#1371 Quote
Can anyone advise the thread and size for the grease nipples on the front suspension and rear axle. ?(5/16" UNF or are they BSP) Also I have just fitted a new Hand Brake cable from Chris Prince and found the grease nipple his manufacturer is fitting has too short a thread for the job of also fixing the handbrake cable to the car. It is also not the same thread as the original nipple. It may be metric for all I know. To do the job the nipples need a thread length of at least 1/2" to go through the bracket and then screw into the boss on the outer cable, longer would be ok as you can always pack it with a washer or 2 Posted by haysx0 27/07/2017 09:59:41
7 years ago
#1372 Quote
Steve,  Can you list the picture number from the Catalogue of Parts? My New Zealand friend says that they are either BSF or possible gas thread. More information would help.  Regards,  Richard Melbourne Posted by RichardWallach 31/07/2017 13:01:04
7 years ago
#1373 Quote
Steve Using the grease nipple to fix the handbrake cable to the chassis is taking " value engineering" to a new level. On my fairly original TE, the cable is attached loosely to the bracket on the chassis by a loop  of steel and a nut & bolt, the grease nipple  is adjacent. The front suspension grease nipple sizes are a mix of BSF , 5/16" on the track rods and 3/8" on the trunnions/swivels, I suspect the rear axle ones are 5/16".  Hope that helps Peter Posted by Peter Martin 08/08/2017 14:21:46