Saturday, October 5, 2024 10:45:50 PM

TE21 Inner sill support strut

7 years ago
#1369 Quote
I want to replace the N/S front inner sill support strut on my TE. The original one is effectively missing though it really does very little. The Guy who is going to weld the new strut to the body says that to do it properly the body needs lifting a couple of inches off the chassis to slide the strut in before welding it to the body floor and the inner sill but that sounds fraught with issues because I imagine the body is attached to the chassis several places forward of the obvious mounting near the strut position and trying to bend the body that much is likely to cause a lot of problems even if it's doable. Has anyone attempted this replacement before and how did you go about it? If all else fails we will slit the strut in 2, position it and weld it back together in place not as it should be but cosmetically no one will see the difference. All comments welcome. Posted by haysx0 21/07/2017 18:52:54
7 years ago
#1370 Quote
Steve,  Have you thought to contact Chris Prince?  Besides advice he may be able to send you pictures from his disassembled cars.   Regards,  Richard Melbourne Posted by RichardWallach 23/07/2017 20:21:56