Saturday, October 5, 2024 10:40:27 PM

Removing door cards

7 years ago
#1358 Quote
I have a problem with the O/S window regulator of my TE21 and I need to pull the door card to sort it out. There are obvious screws and the capping to remove but there must be other hidden clips or hooks that hold the card to the door. Hopefully these are not nasty plastic things that break soon as look at them nor the hook type complications that Merc's exhibit. Can someone please advise how to go about this and what sort of clips are there. Thanks in advance. Posted by haysx0 22/03/2017 12:24:07
7 years ago
#1359 Quote
Hi Steve,  There are no plasticky clips to worry about. If you have already taken off the leather covered capping and the walnut trim fillet there are two screws behind the leather armrest/door pull, and a row of screws hidden at the bottom of the carpet section.  The door trim is also held by the two aluminium trims on either end of the door which are lipped over the edge, take off the one at the 'lock end' of the door by removing the screws around the edge and underneath, also the screws that secure the the lock in place, you will also need to 'click' the lock down to allow the trim plate to come off. If the trim plate hasn't been off before there may also be some mastick to prise away carefully so you don't bend the aluminium.  There are a couple of screws holding the lock underneath this trim plate so you don't have to worry about the lock dropping inside the door.  Assuming you have taken off the handles the trim should then wriggle backwards out of the front aluminium trim.  Good luck, Andrew Posted by tf1695 22/03/2017 15:39:56