Sunday, October 6, 2024 1:24:11 AM

Spanners

9 years ago
#1287 Quote
I am preparing my Alvis for an event this weekend and as usual I throw almost all of my tools in the boot - just in case - and I am thinking 'do I really need all these ?' I have tried to whittle it down but I always end up taking the lot. Then if I am taking the special out I have to remember to swap the toolbox over before I go. What I really should to do is get down to the basic tools that I am most likely to need and carry a set of those in both cars all of the time, that way I can just jump in and go.       Has anyone else thought about this?       I also carry a few spare parts with me, fanbelt, radiator hose, carb float and needle valve, coil, condenser, rotor arm and points. Is there anything else you can suggest ?  Andrew Posted by tf1695 16/07/2015 16:35:45
9 years ago
#1288 Quote
Fuel hose, electric cable,wire, jubilee clips, bulldog clips.    I keep a toolbox per car too. Posted by Angus D'Arcy-Drake 17/07/2015 08:06:29
9 years ago
#1289 Quote
Insulating tape,test lamp,torch,cable ties...... Posted by Peter Martin 17/07/2015 10:09:02
9 years ago
#1290 Quote
fuses, string, distributor cap, spark plug, plug cap, HT lead, inline HT spark indicator, wiring diagram, DVM  For long distance touring I also carry fuel pump, water pump, front wheel bearings, brake pressure switch, bulbs, oil pressure pipe (engine block to gauge), tyre levers, inner tube, foot pump,  dynamo refurb kit, voltage regulator, wiper arm and blade, fuel filter, K-seal, brake fluid, .... it depends how hard you want to try to get back from Italy, Switzerland or wherever without assistance. We have travelled 8000 miles in our 1961 Jensen in the past 12 months! The Speed 25 doesn't get used quite that much, but I still expect to be able to get home under most circumstances. Posted by DaveT 17/07/2015 11:20:05
9 years ago
#1291 Quote
I also carry a spare coil along with just about everything else mentioned as distances here are generally considerable.  Richard Melbourne Posted by RichardWallach 18/07/2015 07:14:45