Sunday, October 6, 2024 1:25:57 AM

Webasto sunroof restore

9 years ago
#1283 Quote
Hello,  The webasto sunroof on my TD21 looks to be pretty original and though it works fine the vinyl top has faded back to a pale grey over the years.   Does anyone have any experience of recolouring these tops or do I need to have it recovered?  The car is Alice Blue with red interior so I was thinking of colouring it a darker grey or dark blue. What does anyone think about the colour combination?  Thank you in advance,  Simon Posted by SimonT 23/06/2015 10:37:55
9 years ago
#1284 Quote
Hi Simon  If you want the new exterior to be an original Alvis colour, although the first owner could specify any colour, the standard options were;  Alice Blue Metallic Grey Dark Metallic Blue Porcelain White Mid Grey Peony Red Dark Green Metallic Beige  Of these, if you think a red interior clashes with your Alice Blue, and your prefer darker hues, I'd suggest the Metallic Grey, Dark Metallic Blue or (obviously) Peony Red. Posted by Philip 24/06/2015 09:30:19
9 years ago
#1285 Quote
Hello Philip,  I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear. The colour choice I am having difficulty with is for the webasto roof not the interior.  Though the red interior and Alice Blue do sound like a clash I do actually like it.  To clarify, I am firstly asking it it is possible to dye the webasto roof and secondly if there are, in peoples opinion, any combinations which suit the car colour.  Regards,  Simon Posted by SimonT 24/06/2015 12:15:50
9 years ago
#1286 Quote
Hi Simon  Try Vinyl Dye (<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.vinlydye.co.uk">www.vinlydye.co.uk</a><!-- w -->) - they can probably advise you. Dark blue sounds good! Posted by Philip 24/06/2015 12:44:11