Sunday, October 6, 2024 1:25:31 AM

TD 21 rubber parts

9 years ago
#1259 Quote
Hi all, having recently aquired a 61 TD21 I am part way through a rebuild. The engine is back together, and I am about to start on the suspension and body. Mechanical parts are to be had or repaired, but some rubber parts are not there.Things like cant rail seals and quarterlight mouldings. RT thought they had some but couldn't find them. Has anyone sourced any or found substitutes?. Also my engine did not have a TV damper fitted. Did all engines have them, and is it a must have part on a rebuilt engine?  Regards, CA Posted by oldguywithalvis 16/02/2015 12:54:56
9 years ago
#1260 Quote
Can't help with the rubber goods but try C Prince ,he may have respectable s/h ones  re the damper ,they all left the factory with one, lots have fallen off with dramatic sound effects, the rubber bonding lets go, and many cars are apparently happily running without unless someone knows different.I would not be happy to run without if running high revs for any length of time.Apart from the damping the other  issue is you lose the ignition timing marks. I have a feeling that CP may now be doing replacements.  Good luck with the rebuild Posted by Peter Martin 16/02/2015 13:17:31
9 years ago
#1261 Quote
I remember seeing these people around autojumbles when I was a kid <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/c-322-rubber-extrusion.aspx">http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/c-322-rub ... usion.aspx</a><!-- m --> Just seen something I may need pin beading. Posted by paddysteel7 17/02/2015 19:15:29
9 years ago
#1262 Quote
Chris Prince replies:  I have most of the rubber sections in stock with the exception of the door quarterlight rubber and the rear channel section for the back of the door window.  I also have new crankshaft dampers in stock at £187 plus carriage and vat. Posted by chris 20/02/2015 17:40:44
9 years ago
#1263 Quote
Hi all,  Thanks for replies, have tried most options already,with no joy. It is a very complicated moulding with reverses and weatherproofing feather edges. The closest I have found is an MG item readily available.I am going to spend some time with a scalpel and superglue to see if I can adapt them to make an acceptable fit. Chris Prince has indicated that he has every intention of having some produced at some point. I wonder what demand for them  would be. Is mine the only car with horrible perished seals?  ( It would be just my luck )  Regards to all, Posted by oldguywithalvis 31/03/2015 11:45:08